The group Feminist Bears wants to recall some social and political issues that concern us, with this MANIFESTO:
– The Bears play with masculinity, and we are attracted to certain features of it. But that does not mean that we support misogynist behaviours, femophobia or homophobia. We express here our rejection of all forms of discrimination against women and we reject any attitude of “sissyphobia” (hatred against effeminacy attitudes in gay or straight men, or in trans, drag, or queer people).
– Feminist Bears express our concern about the increase of violence against women, which is killing thousands of women every year, and call for urgent measures to stop this situation and for the solidarity of the LGBT movement.
– Feminist Bears state their solidarity with the immigrant population (migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, etc.), and request the support by public authorities, including specific measures to help migrant women.
– We condemn all manifestations of racism, xenophobia and intolerance (including anti-Semitism, Romaphobia, and other forms of racism, Islamophobia, etc.) that are often observed in society, in the media and also in some members of the Bear movement
– Feminist Bears ask educational authorities to act decisively against bullying, particularly harassment against girls, sissy boys, tomboys, and trans children. We also ask to include feminist contents in the education system in schools, high schools and universities, training teachers and the mainstream media on feminism.
– Feminist Bears demand specific campaigns to combat discrimination faced by transgender people, and despathologization of transexuality in gender identity laws and health/medical manuals.
– Feminist Bears claim more frequent and explicit prevention campaigns against HIV and its stigma, including campaigns addressed to women.
– Feminist Bears denounce sexism, misogyny, homophobia, lesbophobia and transphobia that still exist in part of the Bear and Gay movements, and also in the speech of some religious leaders and some political parties.
– Feminist Bears support combating all forms of discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity.
Feminist Bears in Facebook: